Tips on online dating safety
- Don’t post personal information. Wait until you feel comfortable with an individual before telling them things like your phone number or place of work or address.
- Never give out your bank account details or any other financial information. If you are approached by any member then report them immediately.
- Don’t let anyone pressure you into giving away more information than you want to.
- Beware of solicitation – watch out for anyone offering financial advice or asking for charitable contributions.
- Even if you’re arranging to meet someone, do not give out any unnecessary personal details such as your home address.
- If you feel unsure or threatened by someone’s behaviour, stop contacting with them immediately. Visit their profiles and use the block button to prevent any further contact.